How to get it right:
- Let your creative personality come through.
- Don’t be afraid to take a stance—but be friendly, and back up assertions with data.
- Write in a natural voice; avoid tech-speak like “solution” and “utilize”.
- We’re here to help—make sure your advice is as actionable as possible.
- Be condescending or confrontational (same goes for responding to comments).
- Assume all readers are experts.
- Take overt, divisive political, or religious stances.
- Be overly promotional or salesy.
“Blood, sweat, and tears were spilled, but you’ve finally mastered Google Ads. Thanks to your hard work, you’re capturing leads left and right. You’ve peddled a warehouse full of widgets.”
“You know that Facebook is the logical leap to an even better return on your advertising dollars. But to truly dominate Facebook advertising, you’re going to need more than just a keen understanding of how the platform works.”